facebook Skip to main content

The independent sex worker

I’ve spent most of my career working as an independent sex worker. For me, this means working without a middleman or a location you depend on. This is also how I once started, 20 years ago. If you would like to hear this story, be sure to book a tour on our website.

Being self-employed I always enjoyed my work immensely. I then often worked from my own home. This was the best option for me. I could determine my own working hours, screen clients before making an appointment with them, and in between appointments I had enough time for other work or house chorse.

So what did your average working day look like?

I woke up around 8 in the morning, made a pot of coffee and with a cigarette I woke up. Then it was time to shower, including shaving. After showering, I went to get dressed in an easy outfit so I could easily change should I have a client that day. I went to make the bedroom client-proof, which meant: comforter off the bed and other pillows on the bed. Towels and washcloths ready in the bedroom and bathroom. Incense on, so it smelled nice in the room. All dirty laundry in the laundry basket. Vacuuming and checking that everything is clean. Work stuff (condoms, lube, toys) ready to grab on the nightstand.

Time to turn on my cell phone and answer all the messages. Then it was time to open my laptop so I could update all my ads and answer any emails. Often from the moment you update your ad, your cell phone is beeping all the time.

Before the first client of the day arrived, I always did my hair and makeup and changed my outfit. After each client, of course, cleaned up the room, laundry in the laundry basket, and sprayed interior spray (against the sex smell). Freshening myself up and then updating my look.

Being self-employed I always enjoyed my work immensely. I then often worked from my own home. This was the best option for me.

I always tried to schedule appointments one after the other, with at least half an hour in between. So that I had enough time to clean everything up and have a small break. In case there was more time between two appointments, that worked out great too. Then I went to the store quickly to get groceries. Or I did some laundry.
If there was enough time between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m., I would cook. But this didn’t happen often, because those were the peak hours.

What I also often did in between, was arranging shoots (both photo and film). Of course because you always have to have up-to-date pictures with your ads, but also because I worked as an erotic model.

Usually, my working day stopped around 8 p.m., after which I would have dinner and enjoy my evening off.

On an average day, I had between 1 and 4 clients. If I woke up in the morning and didn’t feel like it, I would leave my phone on silent. How I handled this, I’ll share this in another blog later.



Meet Angel! The lady behind the blogs of Tour de Bon Ton. Angel worked in the industry for twenty years. In these blogs, she shares her experiences as a sex worker.

Leave a Reply